Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Twelve Days of Blog-mas, Day 3

Day Three: A Favorite Ornament

OK, so I'm supposed to post on my favorite ornament today. Problem? My "favorite" favorite ornament broke a while ago...I got it at Bronners in MI when I was about 3 or 4. It was a cat peeking out of a stocking, and it was even customized...it had my name on it. Now how cool is that? :-D But when you live in our family, things break. A lot. So my new fave is a safe pair of wooden Ice-Skates.



And few of my favorite Christmas quotes:

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.~Laura Ingalls Wilder



I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. ~Charles Dickens

There’s nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.~Anonymous

"There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries." ~W.J. Cameron






1 comment:

  1. Aww, that ornament sounds adorable!

    Blogmas 2011 - Day 3: http://wp.me/px8N5-pV

    ReplyDelete