This recipe looked far to good to pass up! Serve warm with a plateful of Christmas cookies.
Christmas Cocoa Recipe4 Servings
- Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 5 chocolate mint candy canes, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 pure vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk and drink mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 tablespoon crushed candy canes for garnish. Stir remaining candy canes into cocoa; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Ladle cocoa into mugs. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with reserved crushed candy canes. Yield: 4 servings.
I know everyone one around here is anticipating Christmas very excitedly. Emmaline is already having problems sleeping and had to get up extremely early. She passed the time playing "Corn Maze" on the couch with her stuffed animals. :-)